Criminal Referral Issued For Comey, Clinton, Lynch And McCabe; Rosenstein Recusal Demanded
by Tyler Durden, published on Zero Hedge, on April 19, 2018
Eleven GOP members of Congress led by Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) have written a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Attorney John Huber, and FBI Director Christopher Wray – asking them to investigate former FBI Director James Comey, Hillary Clinton and others – including FBI lovebirds Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, for a laundry list of potential crimes surrounding the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
Recall that Sessions paired special prosecutor John Huber with DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz – falling short of a second Special Counsel, but empowering Horowitz to fully investigate allegations of FBI FISA abuse with subpoena power and other methods he was formerly unable to utilize.
The GOP letter’s primary focus appears to be James Comey, while the charges for all include obstruction, perjury, corruption, unauthorized removal of classified documents, contributions and donations by foreign nationals and other allegations.
The letter also demands that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein “be recused from any examination of FISA abuse,” and recommends that “neither U.S. Attorney John Huber nor a special counsel (if appointed) should report to Rosenstein.”
The letter refers the following individuals for the following conduct:
James Comey – obstruction, perjury, corruption, stealing public property or records, gathering transmitting or losing defense information, unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents, false statements.
- “Comey’s decision not to seek charges against Clinton’s misconduct suggests improper investigative conduct, potentially motivated by a political agenda.”
- The letter calls Comey out for leaking his confidential memos to the press. “In light of the fact that four of the seven memos were classified, it would appear that former Director Comey leaked classified information when sharing these memos…“
- Comey “circulated a draft statement” of the FBI’s decision to exonerate Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information – a conclusion reached before the agency had interviewed key witnesses. “At that point, 17 interviews with potential witnesses had not taken place, including with Clinton and her chief of staff…”
- The letter also seeks clarification on “material inconsistencies between the description of the FBI’s relationship with Mr. Steele that you [then FBI Director Comey] did provide in your briefing and information contained in Justice Department documents made available to the Committee only after the briefing.”
Hillary Clinton – contributions and donations by foreign nationals
- “A lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee paid Washington firm Fusion GPS to conduct research that led to the Steele dossier…”
- “Accordingly, for disguising payments to Fusion GPS on mandatory disclosures to the Federal Election Commission, we refer Hillary Clinton to DOJ for potential violation(s) of 52 USC 30121 and 52 USC 30101”
Loretta Lynch – obstruction, corruption
- “We raise concerns regarding her decision to threaten with reprisal the former FBI informant who tried to come forward in 2016 with insight into the Uranium One deal.”
- Of note, this refers to longtime CIA and FBI undercover informant William D. Campbell, who came forward with evidence of bribery schemes involving Russian nuclear officials, an American trucking company, and efforts to route money to the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI).
Andrew McCabe – false statements, perjury, obstruction
- “During the internal Hillary Clinton investigation, Mr. McCabe “lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions,” the letter reads. “That is a fireable offense, and Mr. Sessions said that career, apolotical employees at the F.B.I. and Justice Department agreed that Mr. McCabe should be fired.”
- “The DOJ Office of the Inspector General recently released a February 2018 misconduct report… confirming four instances of McCabe’s lack of candor, including three instances under oath, as well as the conclusion that McCabe’s decision to confirm the existence of the Clinton Foundation Investigation through an anonymously sourced quite violated the FBI’s and DOJ’s media policy and constituted misconduct.”
Peter Strzok and Lisa Page – obstruction, corruption,
- “We raise concerns regarding their interference in the Hillary Clinton investigation regarding her use of a personal email server.”
- Referring to a Wall Street Journal article from January 22, 2018 – “The report provides the following alarming specifics, among others: “Mr. Strzok texts Ms. Page to tell her that, in fact, senior officials had decided to water down the reference to President Obama to ‘another senior government official.” By the time Mr. Comey gave his public statement on July 5, both references – to Mr. Obama and to “another senior government official” had disappeared.”
“Department of Justice (DOJ) and FBI personnel connected to the compilation of documents on alleged links between Russia and then-presidential candidate Donald Trump known as the “Steele dossier.”
- This section of the letter calls out Comey, McCabe, former acting AG Sally Yates, and former acting Deputy AG Dana Boente regarding the Steele dossier.
- “we raise concerns regarding the presentation of false and/or unverified information to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court in connection with the former Trump aide Carter Page”
- “Former and current DOJ and FBI leadership have confirmed to the Committee that unverified information from the Steele dossier comprised an essential part of the FISA applications related to Carter Page”
- “Accordingly we refer to DOJ all DOJ and FBI personnel responsible for signing the Carter Page warrant application that contained unverified and/or false information”
The criminal referrals for the group allegedly responsible for FISA abuse include: obstruction, deprivation of rights under color of law, corruption.
Read the full letter below:
to download directly click here376722864-Comey-Clinton-Lynch-McCabe-Page-And-Strzok-Referred-For-Criminal-Investigation